Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2012

IOFA Welcomes New Intern, Marianna Ernst!


My name is Marianna Ernst, and I am an undergraduate at Hillsdale College in Hillsdale, Michigan.  I discovered IOFA through my research on the human trafficking issue over the past year, and I am very excited to come alongside the amazing work IOFA has been doing.  My concern over human trafficking began several years ago when my sister worked in Cambodia with women who had been sex trafficked.  She shared with me the stories of these women, and I became aware of the injustice of trafficking.  Since then, my desire to end this injustice has only grown, and I hope to enter a career where I can focus my energies on just that.  I am eager to learn more about trafficking through my work with IOFA, specifically in regard to their Transitions Initiative that concentrates on giving aid to adolescents leaving orphanage care.  I will be assisting in planning the Cook County Human Trafficking Conference in August, where I will hopefully learn more about the trafficking issues facing the Chicago area.

No comments:

Post a Comment