Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Welcome Camil Sanchez-Palumbo!

The great intern transition of 2012 continues.  Please welcome Camil Sanchez-Palumbo from Washington University in St. Louis.



My name is Camil Sanchez-Palumbo and I am delighted to have the opportunity to intern this summer at IOFA.  Assisting in the planning of the Cook County Human Trafficking Conference taking place on August 16th and 17th will be one of my areas of focus for the summer, and I look forward to broadening my knowledge on human trafficking and other global issues affecting vulnerable youth, as well.  Learning about others' lived experiences and serving individuals has always given me great joy and I am happy to continue doing so at IOFA.

Pursuing an International and Area Studies major at Washington University in St. Louis, I am passionate about working internationally with individuals from all walks of life.  I have traveled in various parts of Central and South America, gaining particular insight as a Youth Ambassador for the U.S. Department of State, an endeavor during which I worked with non-profit organizations dealing with urban youth.  In my studies and travel, I have found representing the often unrepresented to be both stimulating and enlightening.  As IOFA works similarly to represent individuals' struggles and realities, I could not be more grateful or thrilled to partake in the enriching experience as an intern here.

Welcome Camil!

No comments:

Post a Comment